Vail and Beaver Creek are the home of the two most popular ski resorts in Colorado. Beaver Creek’s motto is “Not Exactly Roughing It” which tells you there are a lot of activities to check out while visiting Beaver Creek.
- Cookie Time: At 3 pm daily at the base of the Centennial Express Lift in Beaver Creek, look for the guest services employees in red with chef hats for fresh out of the oven cookies served on silver platters.
- See a show at the Vilar: This is a 535 seat theatre that presents a variety of performances including Broadway musicals, concerts, and family entertainment. Check the website for this winter’s performance line up: www.vvf.org
- Mountain Guide: Set aside time with a mountain guide who will tailor the day for your and perhaps show you areas of the mountain that you have never experienced before.
- Mountain Top Dining: Take a starlit sleigh ride to one of three mountain top dining locations; Beano’s Cabin, Allies Cabin and Zach’s Cabin.
- Beaver Creek Village: Enjoy the world class shopping and dining. The central ice skating rink is the most iconic in Beaver Creek.
- Candy Cabin: The vintage style ski in/ski out candy store at the top of Strawberry Park Express Lift (#12) offers popular favorites as well as special treats you only can get at the Beaver Creek Candy Cabin. 5th generation candy maker, Michael Mortz Jr. offers high quality wax free chocolate from his company, Colorado Candy.
- Thursday Night Lights: Every Thursday from mid-December through March, the sky lights up with fireworks over Centennial Express Lift.
- Don’t Miss These Runs: Green: Visit the top of Beaver Creek; Blue: Rose Bowl is an unforgettable experience with wide open terrain and gorgeous views. Black: Take at least one run down President Ford, his favorite run on the mountain. Double Black: Test your skills on the Birds of Prey and you will find fun, tough terrain on Grouse Mountain.
- White Glove First Tracks and the Snow Refresh: This program coordinated by our snow surface experts, includes a series of dedicated snowmaking machines that fan a light continuous dusting of snow a top of perfectly groomed trails, such as Centennial, Red Tail and Gold Dust.
- Events: Beaver Creek’s events quickly become traditions from Cookie Competition, to Christmas Tree lighting, World Cup with Birds of Prey. Check the website for a full list: www.beavercreek.com.
For more information on what’s happening in the Vail Valley, please feel free to visit our website: www.gatewaytovail.com.