2022 Vail opens its lifts earlier than ever! Tomorrow Thursday 11/11 Vail rings the bell for opening day. It’s one of our favorite days of the year and brings in skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts from around the world. To make sure your opening day is epic, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Be Prepared for Lines: lift lines are a given, but also factor in parking, rental shops, and restaurants. Making reservations ahead of time help ensure your day flows like the perfect S line.
- Reactivate or Print New Pass: make sure you have your pass ready to go or you will be forced to sit in one of the slowest lines in history – the ticket line. Just in case, bring valid photo ID and receipt of pass purchase to get pass reprinted if necessary.
- Variable Conditions: Vail does a lot to ensure the mountain is safe, but it is still early season. Be careful with brand new equipment – you’ll be getting the feel for it and rocks, branches, etc may be present.
- Layer: temperatures have been fluctuating. Earlier this week was up to 60 degrees in the day and down below freezing in the evenings. Layer attire appropriately to be prepared for variable weather.
- Be Aware of Others: this is a day of excitement for all, but for most of us, its been months since we’ve been on the snow. Remember everyone is just warming up their ski legs, so stay aware and keep your distance from others.
- Have a Plan if Roads Close: if you are traveling here from out of town, have a plan in case roads close. With increased traffic to hit the slopes comes an increased chances of accidents which may close the pass. Be prepared in case you need to spend the night close to the mountain.
- Stay Stoked! The runs may be short, the lines long, but at the end of the day just remember that you are skiing on a weekday on the earliest opening day ever – and that’s pretty awesome.